- GOING LOCAL II
- Local Grand Prix
- Changing the Game
- Yellow 5
- Open Services Aggregator
- Smart Cities Now
- Everybody has a Story
- Sandbox Festival
- Green Digital Charter
- Green Exchange
- Caring TV
- Catalan Digital Agenda
- Digital Planning
- LILA CV
- Cities as Innovation Platforms
- SMART CLOUD
- Augmented Memory
- Final Leader Board
- Useful Links
Add Widgets (Content Sidebar)
This is your Content Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Content Sidebar area.
The Local Grand Prix ran from April to June the 7th
Proposals were represented by an iCar in the Local Grand Prix. As in Formula 1 the iCar needed the backing of a team to finance, design, build, drive , support a proposal around the Local Circuit with the twin challenges of crossing the line , and beating the other teams to the podium, which in this case was the DAA local seminar.
In the end we had joint winners
- best newcomer Schoolville
- best project LILA CV
The final iCars were:
Catalan Digital Agenda
Changing the Game!
Cities as Innovation Platforms
Everybody has a Story
Green Digital Charter
Open Services Aggregator
Smart Cities Now
Click on proposals and make comments or other contributions. Alternatively if you have your own proposal for change then click on “add proposal” and provide initial details. We are particularly interested in the output of the other groups at the 4/5th as well as those cities/regions that are considered in the vanguard of local use of ICT and have proposals/ideas that they are prepared to share.
The 4 iCars/ Proposals with the most laps ( minimum is 50 ) on the 7th June at 12.0 noon (CET) will have the opportunity to do a presentation at the local session ( workshop 24 ) at the Digital Agenda Assembly on 17th June to outline their idea , its local benefits , its replicability and how to make it happen … ie removing barriers. The winning team will get 10 mins with the other 3 runners up getting 5 mins each.
Qualifying Conditions (Revised 21st May )
The qualifying conditions for additional iCars (the proposal) and teams are :
- The proposal or iCar must be described in no more than 1 page and explain how the iCar will facilitate societal transformation at a local level through to 2020 , highlighting the benefits.
- The iCar must run on, ie make use of digital technology
- The iCar must challenge existing thinking , breaking design rules if necessary
- The iCar must have a home garage or locality that it relates to.
- The team must have a minimum of 4 active members
- The iCar will need to be submitted for approval to the Local2020 scrutineers John (Bernie) Doyle and Vin Sumner, who decision will be final
- The final date for race entry is 12 noon ( CET ) on 27th May 2011.
- The race will complete on 12 noon (CET ) on 7th June 2011
The Race ( revised 21st May 2011 )
Once an iCar has qualified they will be allowed out onto the racetrack and can start completing laps. The iCar that completes the most number of laps will be the winner. Teams of the winner, 2nd and 3rd will be given the opportunity to present from the podium at the DAA.
Laps will be completed based on the development of the iCar and the reaction gained from its visibility in the blogosphere.
- All qualifiers will get a initial lap
- Teams with at least 4 members will get an additional lap
- Upto 10 laps will be available for the description of the idea , the more engaging the more laps
In addition , 1 lap will be the equivalent of:
- Each unique external group/blog posts about the idea ( must add something new )
- 5 supportive blogs posts ( eg great idea )
- 5 unique external microblogs eg twitter ( not just RTs)
- 10 clicks of I like it
Given that the iCar needs to be properly financed and mechanically sound in order to reach the end of the race each team will need to show the following team members are in place in order to prevent a mechanical failure causing a pitstop and retirement. Members’ visibility will be recognized through online contributions. In order to finish and get and extra 5 laps all teams must have:
|Owner/Team Principal||Senior Decision Maker in Locality|
|Driver||Project Manager with Track Record|
|Supporter||Someone not in Original team|
|Rules Expert||Employee from European Institution (eg EC , Parliament , CoR …. )|
The race started on Easter Monday and ran until 7th June ; progress was visible online at www.local2020.eu . Use hashtags #daa11local #local2020.